Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: ListenLive Firmware development Topic: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report Last replied to: November 2, 2015, 11:51 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by penbex Message # 1     Posted at January 22, 2014, 9:48 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

This thread should be used to post your experiences and report possible bugs that might be present in the 1.52 firmware.
Below you will also find a list of bugs that have already been fixed and changes that are done on the code.
These fixes and changes will be present in the next firmware.

If you report a bug or some issue, then include information about your model (eg. a device with 3.5inch, 4.3 or 7inch screen..)
In the changelog below, any entry that does not mention a specific screen size means that it is for all hardware versions!

Firmware version 1.53 Bugfixes: (under development)
- Added: 3.5inch: now displays a popup when attempting to use TV-out.

There were some issues with the new tag routines so these will most likely be added to the 1.53 version after testing.
- Added: Support for metadata and cover art from APE files.
- Added: Support for metadata and cover art from FLAC files.
- Fixed: improved ID3 tag support.
- Removed and cleaned up some of the apps for which the servers have stopped working.

Firmware version 1.52 Bugfixes:
- Fixed: In some cases coverart was displayed incorrectly in the favorites app
- Fixed: Favorites app would sometimes loose favorite station list
- Added: 'VOLUME' 'STATE' and 'VERSION' commands to the network remote interface
- Fixed: Twitter was not working due to some missing file.
- Fixed: Cyrillic character issues
- Fixed: UTF8/ISO8859-1 detection issues
- Fixed: TuneIn playing of streams under favorites in some cases failed when many stream URL's were obtained. Now a proper playlist is created.
- Fixed: Network remote control routines were not working properly. Changed behaviour.
- Fixed: When you went to the about screen while the device was still doing its startup routines the device would hang.
- Changed: network remote command MENUINFO is now MINFO.
- Changed: network remote command MESSAGE will now remove existing popups and display the new popup.
- Fixed, more apps, 5th row of apps was initialized incorrectly.
- Fixed: iMovies and Classic Movies where not available within China.
- Changed: USAToday app replaced with NRJ app.
- Changed: The firmware update option under settings now automatically forwards to the loader app. No reboot or prepared SD is required anymore.
- Changed: The loader will be updated to version 3.2 with this firmware. The loader can also update from internal flash memory (v3.1 already had this feature for 3.5inch devices)

Firmware version 1.51- dated: 10 January 2014
- Fixed: 4.3 inch SD model: Device buttons now function properly.
- Added: 4.3 and 7 inch: Now displays a warning message before switching to HDMI 720p output. Make sure a proper display is attached
- Fixed: 7 inch: FM Radio volume would not go completely silent when volume was set to zero.
- Fixed: 7 inch: Mediaplayer skip to next track was not skipping correctly.
- Fixed: 7 inch: long press to power off was not working correctly.
- Changed: 7 inch: left/right on the device are reversed to feel more natural.
- Fixed: In some cases UTF16 metadata tags were not handled properly.
- Fixed: recording on 3.5 inch devices was not functioning properly in 1.49 due to the new mplayer. Note that the HD (4.3 and 7 inch) devices use the SD as read-only and thus can not record to it.
- Fixed: recording was displaying an icon too much, removed.
- Removed: displaying the playing time on live radio streams was useless.
- Fixed: When browsing podcasts the selection bar would sometimes not start at the top of the list which is usually the most recent entry.
- Added: Factory reset now also removes TuneIn and Live365 account details
- Fixed: Alarm: number of snooze repeats and time between snoozes now survives reboots
- Added: When music is playing and we are in clock mode up/down on the remote now also control the volume.
- Added: Line-in app up/down now also control the volume.
- Added: Apps that need a network connection will now test if the connection is working otherwise a long time out could happen.
- Changed: minor cosmetic change to the analog clock.
- Changed: poweron with auto play of FM radio will not display the antenna cable message even when it is set to display
- Fixed: 7 inch: screen would sometimes go dark when it should show video, pageup will then show video. Now should not go dark anymore
- Fixed: HD models, SamLivecast video codec crashed. Using alternative codec works fine in HD. Code changed to support this.
- Fixed: HD models: blubrry and some other apps, video codec crashed. Using alternative codec works fine in HD. Code changed to support this.
- Added: while watching video, left/right will increase/decrease an audio delay so you can manually adjust audio/video synchronization
- Added: while listening to live audio streams the repeat button can toggle between stereo and mono (useful as some streams have only one channel, then mono will at least use both speakers)
- Fixed: Cyrillic UTF8 issue
- Fixed: In some cases two instances of MPlayer could run at the same time.
- Fixed: When a podcast was played from MyFavorites it was not recognized properly as podcast and missing some features.
- Added: Improved support for images/cover art on podcast
- Fixed: Mute would in some cases conflict with the alarm. Can not happen anymore
- Fixed: QingTing app: needed to be updated due to server side changes. All is working again.
- Fixed: Anyradio app: data reload failed due to server side bugs. Added a workaround.
- Changed: Improved gzip internet traffic compression handling, internet traffic timeouts and redirections.
- Added: Podcast app did not play embedded asx streams.
- Fixed: Favorites app podcasts: did not support all possible audio formats.
- Removed: firmware update through settings only will test if a new version is available online. Updates need to be done through the loader.
- Added mpg support to vodcast app.
- Fixed: Weather app: radar images are working again.
- Fixed: Twitter is working again.
- Fixed: Live365, showed some incorrect text characters.
- Fixed: TuneIn, showed some incorrect text characters.
- Changed: Icecast lists are no longer cached as the files were too large and filling up the small storage space that we have available for it.
- Fixed: bad data from Tuner causing some incorrect text characters, now gets fixed on the fly.
- Added: Homeradio: stations from China and Switzerland.
- Fixed: due to changes at Rad.io some stations refused to start playing.
- Fixed: aborting keyword search on Rad.io would still search the network.
- Fixed: aborting keyword search on Tuner would still search the network.
- Fixed: aborting keyword search on TuneIn would still search the network.
- Added: account searching on SoundCloud.
- Added: additional network remote commands. Now also feedback is given on the menu and contents and a message can be displayed.
- Fixed: Wifi driver reports a working connection while it is not really working. Added detection for this which can be enabled/disabled via settings.
- Weather app blocked use of up/down to change the volume. Now it works when the up/down are not used for other tasks.
- Fixed: typo, lowest volume setting did not work.
- Added: "Extra stereo" feature for music playback.
- Changed: Shoutcast app has been rewritten. Now matching the shoutcast website with Top500 and search options.
- Changed: 7 inch: clock displayed slightly larger.
- Fixed: it was not always stopping the UPnP engine properly.

(Last Edited by penbex on January 24, 2014, 8:18 am)
(Last Edited by penbex on May 27, 2015, 10:49 am)

Posted by wmul Message # 2     Posted at January 22, 2014, 11:09 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: March 23, 2013

will there also be files for other screensizes then 3.5"? Anctious to find 7"version

Posted by explmag Message # 3     Posted at January 24, 2014, 9:21 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: September 7, 2011

Thank you very much, William, for the new release!

Yesterday I started to install it on my devices. Here my report:

ENVIVO, XORO

Everything works fine, the Wifi problem seems to be solved now. Interesting now for me to learn more about the new fuctions, e.g. network remote operating. Are there any plannings concerning a vs. 2.0 of the manual because without that I have no idea how to use the new functions.

ARNOVA

I´m sorry but it´s not possible to run it with 1.52. Everything (radio, mp3) runs only for seconds, then it makes a sound like "pitsch" and the device is "dead". I have to unplug the power after that to start it again. Because I´m afraid that this might be a buffer problem (due to some problems in the past, it has not so much storage as the other devices) I played with "Stream Buffer" from 2% - 20% and "Audiobuffer vergrössern" Aus/Ein but the result was the same.

If possible I would go back to 1.49 with the Arnova. Is that possible?

ALBRECHT DR-800 TV

I chose the second update file where "Albrecht DR-800 TV" is included. But the installation of 1.52 failed with the following message:
"Error: Firmware Update Failed Verification".

Now I don´t know how to continue ... 

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at January 24, 2014, 9:31 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Quote:
will there also be files for other screensizes then 3.5"? Anctious to find 7"version

All versions are available in the download section.

Posted by penbex Message # 5     Posted at January 24, 2014, 10:06 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Quote:

Interesting now for me to learn more about the new fuctions, e.g. network remote operating. Are there any plannings concerning a vs. 2.0 of the manual because without that I have no idea how to use the new functions.

ARNOVA

I´m sorry but it´s not possible to run it with 1.52. Everything (radio, mp3) runs only for seconds, then it makes a sound like "pitsch" and the device is "dead". I have to unplug the power after that to start it again. Because I´m afraid that this might be a buffer problem (due to some problems in the past, it has not so much storage as the other devices) I played with "Stream Buffer" from 2% - 20% and "Audiobuffer vergrössern" Aus/Ein but the result was the same.

ALBRECHT DR-800 TV

I chose the second update file where "Albrecht DR-800 TV" is included. But the installation of 1.52 failed with the following message:

Hi,
There are no plans for a manual update yet.
There are some changes in the settings. for example, under player settings you can now enable "Extra Stereo" which is similar to Spatial Stereo, the soundfield is giving a better stereo experience in some cases like internet radio in some other cases, like high quality audio files it might sound a bit odd. Time will tell how well this works and if it is better to implement this in other ways (eg. auto select for radio and not for local/network files) 
Another new feature is under network settings, a network monitor. If all works fine, do not activate it. Only use this if your connection keeps dropping.
Most of the other things are more related to detection of character sets, radar image loading, twitter data loading which all has been improved. Some apps were removed because the content was either not good enough or no longer available and some apps are new like the NRJ app which gives a few hundred French radio stations. By adding this, we now have dedicated apps for the Russian, Chinese, German and French communities. 
Other new features are "search" options in several apps.

as for the network remote functionality, there are a few persons working on special software for this. One implementation by Brammie is based on a stand alone application. Another implementation is by betateilchen who is developing a connection to FHEM home automation software.
The Home Automation version obviously will try to control the radio from the automation perspective where besides regular device control for example a popup on the screen will indicate who is calling on the Phone line.
The stand alone app was already available, see the dedicated forum section about this, and now gets upgraded to include visualisation. This means you can see the radio screen and what is playing in the app.
These guys probably will need a bit of time to perfect their programs.

Quote:

ARNOVA

Did you already try to do a reset back to factory settings and clear the cache etc.?
You can go back to 1.49 but I doubt that is the solution.
The internal player (mplayer) was not updated between 1.49 and 1.52.  

Quote:

ALBRECHT DR-800 TV

The firmware update process loads the firmware from the SD card and then does a CRC check.
The calculated CRC value needs to match the value that is stored in the .md5 file.
If it does not match, you get the message you saw. This is a protection because it usually means that the file is damaged.

Anyway, based on the error message it looks like you are not using the loader to do the firmware updates.
Make sure you have the .upd .md5 and the fs_fwrec file on the SD card.
Insert the SD and start the device. This should give you the loader. Then choose option 1 to upgrade.
Also use this method for the Arnova.

Do not use the firmware update via the settings menu. It is safer to use the loader.
In the 1.52 firmware if you go to firmware update under settings it will automatically switch to the loader.

Posted by betateilchen Message # 6     Posted at January 24, 2014, 12:09 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: July 12, 2013

Hi William,

is there any possibility to put a new-line into text that will be shown by remote command MESSAGE ? 

I tried \n and escaped \\n but both without success.

Regards,
Udo

Posted by penbex Message # 7     Posted at January 24, 2014, 1:13 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

With 1.52 you only have 1 line.
I can give you 2 lines in the next version.
The pop-up only has 2 lines max.

Posted by betateilchen Message # 8     Posted at January 24, 2014, 6:56 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

ah, ok Two lines would be really great.

And I would like to have a possibility to check if the device is muted or not. 
VOL=0 does not really mean muted (activated by the MUTE button) but only indicates that volume level was decreased to lowest level. 
A muted speaker is something different: the volume level will not be changed to VOL=0, instead the audio output will be switched off completely and if unmuted will return to last level.

Thanks for your work and your support

Posted by explmag Message # 9     Posted at January 25, 2014, 4:36 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

William, it seems, I have  some problems now ...

ARNOVA

You were right, after going back to 1.49 I found out that the same problem is there as well. I tried radio and Player. But it takes by far longer until the device stops. So I didn´t notice it before because I tested this device not long enough. It still seems to me as if it is a buffer/storage problem because I have to wait for nearly a minute now until it crashes.

ALBRECHT DR 800-TV

>> Do not use the firmware update via the settings menu. >>

There you were right as well. With the loader it was possible to go to 1.52. BUT: Now it didn´t work properly neither. After the update I had continuous disruptions - radio, player, vodcasts including TV screen. More I didn´t test before I went back to 1.49. But now that doesn´t work neither. After trying to go online again I have problems with WIFI. After entering an OK after the password this device is dead now as well.

Factory resets etc. were done.  think I was not too succesfull after all ...

EDIT: I start to panic a little bit: After checking one of my XOROs (1.52) I found out that the player stopped there as well after a minute or so. The disruptions started before with a clicking noise. And now, finally: After a minute or so the same happened with the radio, even UKW!!  

The other XORO (1.52) and the ENVIVO (1.52) have no problems so far. I´m praying at the moment that this will not change ...

EDIT2: Very, very strange! Once again I installed 1.52 on my Albrecht DR 800-TV, then I unplugged it from power for several hours. Unbelievable but true: Now it works! Radio and even vodcasts have no disruptions at all now! UKW seems to be working now as well. Tomorrow I will test the other devices again. To be true, I have no idea what is going on ... 
(Last Edited by explmag on January 25, 2014, 8:06 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 10     Posted at January 25, 2014, 11:46 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

For anyone who has problems, note that a factory reset and power off for a minute does work much better than reflashing.
In fact, you need to keep reflashing to a minimum.
Every time you perform an unneeded reflash there is a chance that you kill the device.
1.52 was very well tested and there are no serious bugs in there.

Posted by explmag Message # 11     Posted at January 26, 2014, 1:13 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

What is Reflashing?? Going back to an older firmware??
(Last Edited by explmag on January 26, 2014, 1:17 am)

Posted by penbex Message # 12     Posted at January 26, 2014, 9:58 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Reflashing means doing a firmware upgrade or downgrade.

Posted by explmag Message # 13     Posted at January 26, 2014, 5:38 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

William, thank you.

After going to 1.52 again with all devices (dangerous reflashing! ), x-times factory resets and deletion of cache, hours of power unplug, and setting Min. stream buffer to 20% nearly all devices are working properly at the moment.

Only one of my XOROS is still not happy. Now it lasts minutes of internet radio until it crashes, at last without the message "fatal stream error". 20% buffer and sometimes with "Audiospeichern vergrößern" mit "EIN" doesn´t change it. Vodcasts come to a sudden end faster. "100 Sekunden Tagesschau" is not possible. 

The other XORO works properly as the other devices. The "Problem XORO" is Model No KMP51x, Model type 1 - JZ4755 378 Mhz Board version Kmp510 V1.2 MMC Controller. 

Posted by lapb Message # 14     Posted at January 26, 2014, 8:20 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: January 23, 2012

Upgrade to Firmware 1.52 on my Arnova KMP 511.2.1 RM003 (3.5 Inch) without any problems! Thank you Williams, great job!

Posted by Munzevir Message # 15     Posted at January 26, 2014, 9:16 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: March 17, 2013

"Error: Firmware Update Failed Verification" on my Envivo PO1235 box with 3.1 listenlive loader, help please!

Posted by penbex Message # 16     Posted at January 27, 2014, 8:06 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

This error message is not inside loader 3.1
So either this is not the error you get, or you are trying to update via the settings/firmware update option. You need to use the loader update method.

Posted by Munzevir Message # 17     Posted at January 27, 2014, 9:46 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: March 17, 2013

Quote:
"Error: Firmware Update Failed Verification" on my Envivo PO1235 box with 3.1 listenlive loader, help please!
Problem is solved with other sdcard.

Posted by penbex Message # 18     Posted at January 27, 2014, 10:05 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Great!, when the firmware is loaded, the loader will calculate a checksum over the file.
The checksum has to match, if not the file was damaged or not correctly read.
If we would not do this verification you would damage the device by flashing it with a corrupt image.
So it is a good thing the checks are there.

Posted by betateilchen Message # 19     Posted at January 30, 2014, 9:29 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Autoplay not working if device is switched on from nightstand-mode?

Posted by penbex Message # 20     Posted at January 30, 2014, 10:31 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

No, "auto-play on startup" only gets activated when the device is powered on. Not when it switches from night mode to normal mode.

This would be fairly complicated as people also use the night mode when they leave their desk etc and they dont want to resume an old stream.
Of course I have no problem with changing anything in the firmware as long as we do not make things more complicated or change things so much that a lot of users get lost due to the changes.

Alternatives: maybe a button/function that starts the last played music? or....

Posted by tumbi Message # 21     Posted at January 31, 2014, 2:00 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: January 3, 2014

Quote:

No, "auto-play on startup" only gets activated when the device is powered on. Not when it switches from night mode to normal mode.

This would be fairly complicated as people also use the night mode when they leave their desk etc and they dont want to resume an old stream.
Of course I have no problem with changing anything in the firmware as long as we do not make things more complicated or change things so much that a lot of users get lost due to the changes.

Alternatives: maybe a button/function that starts the last played music? or....

Maybe consider the "Clock Display Mode (CDM) suggested in the "Feature Requests" thread.

If someone leaves their desk etc, or if they want to go to sleep at night, they can just tap the Mute button, leaving the device as a (silent) clock.  Tapping Mute again when they return would resume the broadcast or whatever, just like auto-play.  

If they want to listen to something else instead of resuming the old stream, the old stream will stop as soon as they press the Menu button to select the new one.   Can't get anything simpler than that.

(Last Edited by tumbi on January 31, 2014, 7:17 am)

Posted by heinz57g Message # 22     Posted at January 31, 2014, 10:04 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: November 6, 2011

tumbi, william, we discussed this before, long time go, post #4 here:

- http://www.listenlive.nl/board/message.php?id=4064

i had made what i thought was a sensible compromise, then.

>>  ... perfect would be if the ON button goes back to the station you were listening/viewing before,
 >>  similar to the 'autostart when turned on' feature, already working.
 >>  ... makes sense, no? basically, short-pressing the ON button would toggle between STATION/view/sound
 >> 
and NIGHTCLOCK/no sound, back and forth.

and a long-press does at it does now.

greetings     - heinz -

Posted by penbex Message # 23     Posted at January 31, 2014, 10:40 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Short..long.. Not doable.. Only on some kernel versions. 
We are limited by the weakest devices.

Posted by heinz57g Message # 24     Posted at February 1, 2014, 12:44 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

hoppla, i thought the 'short <-> long' was already there? when a stations plays, a
short press makes it go to nightclock mode, and a long press turns it off completely.

and then, a long press turns the unit back on and it resumes the last station played.

thats at least how my units are set up, and it works faultlessly fine on all my models,
ARNOVA, XORO, PEARL, DISGO.

greetings       - heinz -

(Last Edited by heinz57g on February 2, 2014, 8:24 am)

Posted by Asahar Message # 25     Posted at February 2, 2014, 6:42 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: May 18, 2011

After installing firmware 1.52 FM tuner was off badly. Sometimes it goes in the clock mode is not switched off, but with lowered loudness.

Posted by betateilchen Message # 26     Posted at February 3, 2014, 11:41 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

*confirm*

It seems, that looking for a wlan-connection or filling buffer for playing internet-radio causes a kind of blocking which prevents stopping den player-process when power button is pressed and device should go to nightstand mode. Nightstand mode will be activated, but player still tries to play music from broken/instable connection.

Posted by 6J6A Message # 27     Posted at February 4, 2014, 2:44 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: June 24, 2012

Hi William,

Just dropping you a line to say that v1.52 installed successfully on my Otek 350 and all is well.

The freezing issue when coming out of nightstand mode is resolved, and freezing when playing from a samba nas has disappeared.

Looks great so far, love the new features. Great job!

Matthew.

Posted by ibirider Message # 28     Posted at February 7, 2014, 4:14 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: March 18, 2013

Quote:
Short..long.. Not doable.. Only on some kernel versions. 
We are limited by the weakest devices.

Hallo W,

im nightstandmode (Uhr)  muss das Gerät nach dem Einschalten die Funktion Autoplay-Audio ausführen.

Das tut es nicht, sondern geht lediglich ins Hauptmenü.

Alles andere funktioniert super:

einschalten - Autoplay Audio

ausschalten lang - Gerät Aus

ausschalten kurz - Nightstandmode

Bitte o.g Funktion unbedingt realisieren.

LG Harry

Posted by heinz57g Message # 29     Posted at February 10, 2014, 7:21 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

agreed, harry, but lets make it 'should'.

another strange thing with the nightstand clock: it does not hold the settings. i go to sleep with the dimming down to the last readable setting, and wake up with a much brighter (2 steps up?) clock.

not idea when it changes, but it does.

greetings      - heinz -

Posted by explmag Message # 30     Posted at March 3, 2014, 5:00 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

In the meantime I have the same WIFI problems as before: The devices don´t get online.

I don´t know whether that is the reason but since some weeks I have a new neighbour with a "smart home". He usually has 2-3 WIFI nets which are rather strong. If I go to automatic search of networks my WIFI is one of four now. If I make a connction again with password the device connects after all to my WIFI.

Is it possible that it is a little bit puzzled now instead of connecting to my (wellknown) WIFI at once as it did in the past?

Posted by penbex Message # 31     Posted at March 3, 2014, 5:19 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

a smart home with 2 -3 wifi networks? weird..
He should use z-wave, x10 or similar networks.

Anyway, here is how it works:
The device has a list of networks that it can connect to.
Once you do a network scan and select a network, it adds the selected network to the list.
So, in most cases there will only be one entry on this list.
Networks that are found during a search but that you do not try to connect to are not added to this list.

Obviously this means it can not loose track.
However, it can loose the connection.
Perhaps your neighbor has 3 access points and these might be set to auto sensing so that they scan the band for the best frequency to use.
Yours might be set to auto sensing too.
In that case they might interfere with eachother and corrupt communication between the device and your access point.
In theory your and his AP's could be changing frequenccies all the time making it hard for the radio to follow all changes.

I would use an android Phone/tablet with one of the wifi analyzers and scan the band.
Check your AP's frequency and if it is set for a static frequency or to change automatically.
Alternatively purchase an AP that allows you to change the output power and set it to a higher output.. (note that most countries have a max. output and going above that could be illegal)

Posted by jaymannz Message # 32     Posted at March 7, 2014, 7:12 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: August 31, 2012

There is still no setting for daylight savings/summer time in the date/time settings.  I live in New Zealand and when syncing the time with the internet it comes back as 1 hour behind our actual time.  Our time zone is +12 during winter time but at the moment we are +13 due to daylight savings/summer time.

Would be great if you could fix this.

Thanks

PS great product, keep up the great work!

Posted by explmag Message # 33     Posted at March 7, 2014, 5:33 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Quote:

Check your AP's frequency and if it is set for a static frequency or to change automatically.

Xanx again William for your support,
I think that was the problem. After changing from static frequency to automatic change the situation seems to be better now.
I will continue watching it!

Posted by ritchie Message # 34     Posted at March 16, 2014, 8:54 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: May 23, 2013

Hi penpex, I just updated the radio to the new version 1.52 and so far not problems during the update. (good job). I want to start using the remote control commands and would like to know, is the a list of availiable commands ? Best regards Ritchie

Posted by digoridoo Message # 35     Posted at April 13, 2014, 5:33 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: January 1, 2012

Hi William, great job you're doing, I really appreciate it.  Thank you.

I've noticed a small "quirk" since version 1.52 when playing FLAC or MP3 files: I accept that you don't implement gapless playback but with this release I notice a pulsing of the music in the first few seconds of every new song (each song is a separate file accessed over UPnP from a Twonky Server 6.0.39 running on my QNAP TS219P-II with 4.0.2 firmware).  It clears up within about 5 seconds, presumably as the device fills its buffer...?  I never noticed this with previous versions.

The same songs played on, for example, a Raspberry PI or an Ellion LABO-110 do not exhibit the pulsing sound.

Thanks again,
Nick

Xoro HMT350, Xenta KMP510

Posted by penbex Message # 36     Posted at April 13, 2014, 8:01 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Check the "extrastereo" setting..
see if changing that setting influences the behaviour

Posted by digoridoo Message # 37     Posted at April 30, 2014, 7:19 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: January 1, 2012

Hi William,

Sorry for the delay...  You're right, extrastereo is the cause.

Nick

Posted by dansoftware Message # 38     Posted at October 25, 2014, 6:44 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: June 6, 2011

Hi William.

There are changes in time zones of Russia. Moscow time is UTC+3 since 26th of October 2014.

Thanks for your great job.

Posted by penbex Message # 39     Posted at October 25, 2014, 9:20 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

In most cases summertime/wintertime change should be automatic..
Here it also changes tonight.

Posted by oldtrappertom Message # 40     Posted at November 11, 2014, 4:27 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: September 19, 2011

Hi, long time no see ... me again Meanwhile we moved to a "countryside" house and there was only lte with rediculous limitation to 30 GB/month. My sons consume those in two days. no room for webradio ... sniff Also in v. 1.52 with the Arnova the major drawback is smb and upnp. Aside the Arnova my home net is wired now, working like a charm. But smb in the arnova sometimes finds a server, somtimes not. of course i use the presets and sometimes the credentials are acepted but no tree or files shown, sometimes i am asked for creds agan and again and again until unplugging the device (or longpress powerbutton). whereas in 1.4? my upnp servers have been found and could be used, now only one smb server (no upnp device) is shown in upnp browser, i can drill down the tree and sometimes play a mp3 ... sometimes not. Waiting times increased very much. after entering a eventually found share the step bakward to the main menu needs about 20 minutes. Webradio itself ok. So long, ott

Posted by Trashware Message # 41     Posted at January 21, 2015, 5:57 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: August 12, 2011

Qote:

Firmware version 1.53 Bugfixes: (under development)

Hi William,

is there a plan about introducing a mpd client?

Regards,
Heiko

Posted by penbex Message # 42     Posted at January 21, 2015, 11:18 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

So far not..

Posted by Trashware Message # 43     Posted at January 22, 2015, 7:00 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Quote:
So far not..

Mpc would not be a miss. It's open and Linux and would perfectly complete your firmware.
Currently I'm streaming all my mp3 music locally from a cheap 20$ NAS (Pogoplug) driven by mpd which is working as a radio station. Works fine, but a mpc screen displayed by your firmware would be much better.

Regards,
Heiko

Posted by penbex Message # 44     Posted at May 27, 2015, 10:50 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

last call for 1.53 changes..

Posted by Trashware Message # 45     Posted at May 27, 2015, 6:41 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Quote:
last call for 1.53 changes..

Gimme mpc. See statement above.

(Last Edited by Trashware on May 28, 2015, 7:28 pm)

Posted by SandMan Message # 46     Posted at June 7, 2015, 8:08 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: June 28, 2012

http://listenlive.nl/show.php?id=36727
Incorrect Cyrillic characters.
Otek IPTV510

Posted by Trashware Message # 47     Posted at October 31, 2015, 7:58 pm,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  

Hi there
How can I manage to play my files or playlists automatically via UPNP in random mode on every start of your software?
Regards,
Heiko

(Last Edited by Trashware on November 1, 2015, 10:40 pm)

Posted by oldtrappertom Message # 48     Posted at November 2, 2015, 11:51 am,     subject: Firmware 1.52 feedback and bugfix progress report  
Registration date: September 19, 2011

new finding: when switching to clock mode during playback of any radiostation sound becomes laggy and somehow crackled. Upon switching back to radio screen sounds perfect again. is reproducable on my arnova with ll 1.52 on every radiostation independently from bitrate. So long
(Last Edited by oldtrappertom on November 2, 2015, 11:52 am)
(Last Edited by oldtrappertom on November 7, 2015, 3:02 pm)