Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Missing Stations Topic: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA Last replied to: December 11, 2017, 2:58 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by alg2468 Message # 1     Posted at November 21, 2017, 4:01 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  
Registration date: August 29, 2015

This weekend, WBZ-Am Newsradio 1030 in Boston was sold by CBS Radio to IHeart, and they of course, unfortunately, changed the streaming format so you need the IHeart player to receive their stream. Of course that's why I dislike IHeart's change, its stream cannot be heard on many radios. However, I found that there is another alternate stream - that works, and would like to know if it is possible to work on Vistaquest radios.  The stream is the foillowing URL:

http://c14icyelb.prod.playlists.ihrhls.com/7729_icy

For more information, this link was found at the radiodiscussions.com website:

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?706145-At-what-WebLink-is-WBZ-News-Radio/page2

Posted by Nobi Message # 2     Posted at November 21, 2017, 8:47 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  
Registration date: April 27, 2013

Someone using a Vistaquest radio has to verify it.
The updated record is here on our database:

WBZ NewsRadio 1030

Posted by alg2468 Message # 3     Posted at November 22, 2017, 3:11 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Nobi:

I have a Vistaquest radio, model VQ-ITR100. How can I send verification that the old link - pre IHeart - is not working? I found the link on the radiodiscussions.com message board and it works on the internet by clicking on the link. Anything I can do?   I also wonder if IHeart has other streams like this Icacast link that play other IHeart radio stations without needing the IHeart player. Thank you.

Posted by alg2468 Message # 4     Posted at November 22, 2017, 4:28 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Thank you Nobi - the link works on the Vistaquest radio - Great work again!!

Posted by alg2468 Message # 5     Posted at November 22, 2017, 5:20 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello:

According to further information from a contributor at radio discussions.com, you can use IHeart's Icecast stream to get a live stream to any IHeart radio station that does not need the IHeart player. Here is more information:

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?706145-At-what-WebLink-is-WBZ-News-Radio/page2

Could this be investigated further? I would love to see WHJJ 920 in  Providence, RI streaming on my radio.  Thank you.

Posted by Nobi Message # 6     Posted at November 23, 2017, 6:45 pm,     subject: WHJJ 920 AM Providence, RI  

Hi Anthony,
you are looking for this one:

News Radio 920 - WHJJ 920 AM

Regards, Nobi

Posted by alg2468 Message # 7     Posted at November 25, 2017, 3:52 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Nobi:

Thank you again! I'd like to know about the process involved in adding new stations - such as how to determine the bit rate, and streaming formats as I've tried to add new stations but it never worked correctly.  And how did you get the Icecast stream for WHJJ and WBZ to work correctly?  Great work!

Posted by Nobi Message # 8     Posted at November 27, 2017, 11:49 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Anthony,
According to your questions - here are the answers:

* I normally use the VLC player (VideoLAN) to read the technical details of a stream.
   The steps [Tools] > [Codec Information] > [Codec] will present the codec, sample rate ...   

* The home page of WHJJ points to the page NEWS RADIO 920 of iHeartRADIO. There you will find the correct stream URL within the HTML code of the page itself.
   It was the same process with the IHeartRADIO page for WBZ 1030 to find it's stream URL.

Kind regards, Norbert 

Posted by Nobi Message # 9     Posted at November 29, 2017, 12:13 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Anthony,
 Your iHeart suggestions
   * WHYN Newsradio 560
   * WKOX Talk 1430 AM
 became new members of our radio stations database.
 Thank you for the good preparatory work.

Nobi.

Posted by alg2468 Message # 10     Posted at November 29, 2017, 3:08 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Nobi:

Thank you.  No problem - I'll work on adding other IHeart stations (which has streams for over 1200 radio stations in the US) with the compataible Shoutcast stream and other non-IHeart stations and test them on my radio before putting them on the public database. However, unfortunately I do not have the ability to delete non-working radio streams in the current database, such as those from New England that I tested and posted on this forum in October. Also, some of the radio stations we have in the database now (and all IHeart owned stations) are not even available on the TuneIn app but are now available on the Internet Radio app.

Posted by alg2468 Message # 11     Posted at November 29, 2017, 6:14 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello:

The following US radio stations have been tested as working and submitted for approval to the database:

Connecticut: WPOP 1410 Hartford, WELI 960 New Haven
Massachusetts: WTAG 580 Worcester, WXTK 95.1 Barnstable, WXKS 107.9 Medford
New Hampshire: WGIR 610 Manchester
New York: WOR 710 New York, WGY 810 Albany
Rhode Island: WADK 1540 Newport, WWBB 101.5 Providence, WSNE 93.3 East Providence

Regarding Rhode Island radio stations, WHJJ 920 located in Providence, RI in the database but not listed in the Rhode Island section of the database - it may have been incorrectly placed somewhere else when it was added last week.

Enjoy!

Anthony

Posted by alg2468 Message # 12     Posted at December 1, 2017, 3:43 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Nobi:

I submitted radio stations WSRS, WOR, WGY, WGAG - did you receive them? I will add additional stations in the next few days for your review; anything to help build the database. Thank you.

Posted by alg2468 Message # 13     Posted at December 1, 2017, 3:52 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Nobi:

One additional observation:  US Stations owned by Citadel have a "Stream The World " format and it is difficult to identify a http: (hypertext) link for a compataible stream. That is why I tried adding stations like WPRO-FM 92.3 Providence, RI but could not identify their http:// stream; another internet radio I have by Grace Digital when playing the station displays the stream as 80kbps MP3. Also many Vermont and Maine stations have websites that when showing their "Page Info" have no actual http:// stream link.

Posted by Nobi Message # 14     Posted at December 1, 2017, 7:15 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Yes, you are right. This streaming URL business is difficult sometimes.
Sometimes it also looks like magic.
Please have a look at this one:
                92 PRO-FM ( WPRO-FM 92.3 )

Posted by alg2468 Message # 15     Posted at December 3, 2017, 2:28 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello:

I checked the radio stations in the database - most of them - for New York and New Jersey and found the following stations with active working links:

For New York:

A Better Radio, Air Traffic Control, ATC (JFK), FLN Family Life Network, Flying Tree Radio, Greasy Kid, Hot 108 Jamz, Ny JFK Approach, Rewound Radio, VOA Live 1, WNYC, WNYM, WQXR, WRAJ Internet Radio, WTSC, WUSB, WXXI, WOR. I also added the new stream for WABC 770 to the database yesterday.

All other stations were not working.

For New Jersey:

Only WFMU was working.

I will research the non working links and try to update them and add new stations too.

On another note, TuneIn now has no Connecticut stations in its database.

Posted by Nobi Message # 16     Posted at December 6, 2017, 1:57 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Anthony,
I am not able to assist with the CBS stations of your new created radio records.
The CBS radio (audio) streaming is restricted for the U.S. area. I do not have access from my location in Europe.
The affected new stations on the approval list today are:
  WCBS Newsradio 880
  WFAN Sportsradio 660
  WINS Newsradio 1010

Link to the support center:
http://help.radio.com/customer/en/portal/articles/786392-why-can-t-i-listen-to-your-stations-outside-of-the-us-

(Last Edited by Nobi on December 6, 2017, 6:17 pm)

Posted by alg2468 Message # 17     Posted at December 6, 2017, 4:03 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Nobi:

Thank you for reminding me about the CBS restrictions - but with CBS selling more of their stations now (example WBZ to IHeart) maybe the restrictions will be lifted. I now remember hearing a caller on one of WBZ Boston's talk shows who mentioned that he had just come back from a visit in Ireland and mentioned that he could no longer hear WBZ there on the internet. It was then discovered that CBS radio had started blocking streaming their owned stations outside of the US. But the Tuner app does have many CBS owned stations. As far as other stations I submitted in New England where I am located, and in the North Atlantic states, I hope that by updating your database with these new links and stations listeners can enjoy the variety of programming that the Listenlive server and its radios have to offer.  I am having some trouble determining the streaming bitrate on some stations, so my apologies for the errors at times.

Posted by Nobi Message # 18     Posted at December 7, 2017, 10:13 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Anthony,
I released the CBS stations mentioned above without verification.
I would like to have it checked by you if it works, please.
Your WMJX Magic is also a problem record for me.
Is it possible, that WMJX has the same regional restrictions?
I will approve it as well for your verification.

Your offering "Radio Italy Live" is a funny one.
The presented URL
  http://www.radioitalylive.com/listen/mp3
looks like a stream URL. But it is the page URL for the station's radio player page.
Do not spent time in it.
The old station record (23.06.2009) on our database is currently error free (hopefully).

The forum communication is a little bit difficult to me.
I can see a forum thread update information at the bottom of the LL homepage many hours before it appears in the forum context.
William (penbex) may have a solution. I will wait.
The related forum item is this one:  Time delay with visibility of forum posts

Nobi

Posted by alg2468 Message # 19     Posted at December 7, 2017, 9:35 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Nobi:

I checked WCBS, WFAN, and WINS and they are working perfectly, as is WMJX Boston, which is owned by Beasley Radio Group, but going to be sold Entercom Radio,. but neither group has restrictions on where you can listen as far as I know. Quite a few stations are switching ownership lately between IHeart, Entercom, Citadel, CBS, and Beasley across the USA, so this could affect streaming formats, restrictions geographically on where you can listen, frequencies, call letters, and radio formats. The radio (and TV) business in the USA is always filled with changes.

So Radio Italy Live switched their stream back - they tricked me again. Mamma Mia! Although I'm Italian and I'd probably do something like that too. HAHA!

Thank you.

Anthony

Posted by alg2468 Message # 20     Posted at December 9, 2017, 5:04 am,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

Hello Nobi:

I researched the current Massachusetts and Connecticut database of radio stations and found that some stations in the database are not located in either state. Here's the results:

Listed in Massachusetts but not located there:

High Plains Public Radio - Garden City, Kansas
HPR1, 2 and 3 - Branson, Missouri
k94 rocks - Celine, Ohio
Lite Favorites - Riverside, Rhode Island
North Pole Radio  - New York
Regis Radio - Daytona Beach, Florida
Tri Radio - Des Moines, Iowa
WCBE - Columbus, Ohio
WMEA - Biddeford, Maine
WNMU - Marquette, Michigan

Listed in Connecticut but not there:

Green Peace Broadcasting - Taipei, Taiwan
Lifestyle Talk - Fort Worth Texas

Listed in Oregon but not there:
WLOB 1310 AM - located in Portland, Maine (although there is a Portland, Oregon)

Hope this helps. Thanks. Anthony.

Posted by Nobi Message # 21     Posted at December 10, 2017, 9:45 pm,     subject: WBZ 1030 AM Boston, MA  

There is still no audio stream for me with 'WMJX Magic 107.6' - not at the station's home page,
neither via iHeartRADIO, nor with TuneIn.

I cleaned up the US radio station lists of Massachusetts and of RhodeIsland. It took me hours.
I filled the records with the correct station's home page and the dedicated stream URL.
No repair of the geographical Association.
Some of the stream URLs do not work with many of our radio devices, especially the older ones.
I, and I think also others, do not have a solution for this problem.